• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ammo Shortage in Metro DC Area

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
It has been nearly six months since we have seen any humor here abouts, and with all the discussions of "Bathrooms on Carriers" and the like, it is sorely needed. So will tell you a funny story of what happened to me during the last big blizzard that shut down the Government (that in itself is hilarious).

In spite of the snow and Government shut down, actually we had a bit of rain and some light snow that did not stick to the pavement, at all, but POTUS BHO gave all Government slackers ... opss ....i mean workers, the day off. Anyway; two of the four cases of rifle ammo that I had ordered many months ago finally came in. So I ventured out to pick them up as they said they would not hold it past the end of the business day.

After picking up the two case, I stopped to top of the car with fuel and this drop dead beautiful blonde was filling up her tank next to my car.

She looked at the ammo in the back of the sports car, we engaged in a bit of chit chat and then she said in a very sexy voice "I'm a big believer in barter, big boy, would you be interested in trading sex for ammo?"

I thought about it for a few seconds or so and replied: "What kind and how much ammo do you have to trade?

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
In the history of things that have never happened, this never happened the most. ;)

Aucontraire, mon frère. I know it is hard to believe with the severe shortage of ammo, but in fact my 2 cases of ammo did come in and were picked up. Alas, still two cases short, with no estimate of when?

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Well I did have a very hard time 'splaining to the Better Half how I could go out to get two cases of .223 ammo and come back with 2 cases of .223, 2 cases of .45 ACP and 2 cases of .40.