• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ammo Cans?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
See if you can get your hands on the 1500 round 7.62 cans, those things are pretty dang big.

I think those are pretty similar to 20mm cans, but I may be thinking of something else. There's some can that's about that size I would always see on the ship, and about the only gun that it made sense for was the CIWS.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
To me the best combination of capacity and mobility is what I think of as a 50 cal can but it's really used to carry several different rounds. I have some that are marked 85 rnds of linked 50 cal, some that say 840 rnds of 5.56 and another that says 1140 ctgs of 5.56 blanks. They are all 6x12x7in deep.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
To me the best combination of capacity and mobility is what I think of as a 50 cal can but it's really used to carry several different rounds. I have some that are marked 85 rnds of linked 50 cal, some that say 840 rnds of 5.56 and another that says 1140 ctgs of 5.56 blanks. They are all 6x12x7in deep.

A few months ago, I went to the AOs at one of the squadrons here and asked for a 7.62 can (I didn't need a .50 cal can). They came back with a .50 cal can and told me that's what the 7.62 came in now. Probably just easier from a manufacturing standpoint. I'm sure it's dependent on a particular base's armory, as Mayport was still issuing the smaller cans.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I have a few you can have; no need to worry about painting over the letters.
100_0747.jpg