• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMDOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
Anyone, other than myself, out there get picked up for AMDO and going to OCS around the SEPT. time frame?

Chris

Brianlegg

Chris,

Do you know how many AMDO's get picked up each year? I'm waiting for word back from the selection board.

Brian

Goliath112

when the AMDO Community Manager called me he said that they had 23 positions for 2003. that was in AUG of 02. So it is pretty tough. Damn dude, too bad you didn't apply for Nuke Officer. Then it would more of a sure thing since the Navy wouldn't feel like they have to let go a hard charging Nuke guy. Anwyay I hope you'll eventually get in.

Brianlegg

I have way too many reasons not to go Nuke officer. Most of them have to do with the 7 paygrades I've already earned through the pipeline. As a Nuke instructor, I know exactly what the nuke JO's go through and I would not wish that on anyone. Yes, it would be an absolute piece of cake for me to get through the nuke pipeline again, but like I said, I've seen that and I've done that. Right now it is not worth it for me, but if everyone else keeps turning me down then I might jsut suck it up and go back to that route.

Go Navy,

Brian

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
I heard they were selecting (from and extremely reliable source!) one to two AMDO slots per month. I was one of twenty in the month I was selected.

Chris

Brianlegg

Chris,
Thank you. That really helps to give me some more confidence. I e-mailed the CM yesterday with additional info and background. Hope that helps. Now I can sit back and wait with confidence that I did everything that I could.

Go Navy,

Brian

Brianlegg

Chris,
Give me some clarification. You were one of twenty for: the year? out of twenty that applied that month?

Go Navy,

Brian

Brianlegg

Chris,
I have an answer to my own question. I just received an e-mail from the CM. He said there will be one slot for AMDO from the end of the month board for FY-04. All the FY-03 slots are filled. Good Luck to all applying!

Go Navy,

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.