• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMDO promotion potential?

AT2IFT

I am a former AT2 Aircrewman (7 years) and am now an Army 1LT. I am hoping to drop an interservice transfer packet for AMDO in about a year. I am concerned that promotion to the paygrade of O-4 may be difficult to attain in the Navy, what is the selection rate for AMDO's going up for LCDR? I know if I stay Army the selection rate is very high, although it will change by the time I get to that point.

2sr2worry

Naval Aviation=world's greatest team sport
The selection rate for LCDR is around 80-85%. The selection rate for the "control grades"--which are O-4, O-5, and O-6 is governed by the Defense Officer Procurement and Management Act, commonly known as DOPMA. This law sets the selection rate percentage range and flow point (years of service) for the control grades. Services sometimes have to operate outside of the designated ranges, and when they do so it typically requires the service secretary to grant a waiver. If you're thinking of doing an interservice transfer, you may not want to wait too long. Each community expects junior officers to complete various experience tours. It might be hard for the Navy officers on your O-4 selection board to judge your Army assignments against what is typically expected for a Navy AMDO. That is something you should consider as you pick your timing.