• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMDO Hopefull

olly7011

I just wanted to know how competitive is it to get selected for AMDO.
I'm a 30 year old Junior in college with a 3.0 GPA,
prior service in the Marine Corps (5 years)
I have a background in aircraft recovery and work for the FAA as a logistics manager.

Thanks for any info that would help.
Olly7011

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
What was your MOS with the Marines? AMDO is a mustang community with the majority being prior enlisted maintainers. The board puts heavy stock into that. The other tricky thing about AMDO, is that there are only about 500 officers from O-1 to O-7, so there are less quotas than other designators, and if/when you do get selected, don't be surprised if you have to wait a bit for OCS due to the small amount of quotas.

Go for it! It is difficult. I was prior and they were only selecting 15 for the fiscal year. After OCS you wait a bit before going to school.

olly7011

What was your MOS with the Marines? AMDO is a mustang community with the majority being prior enlisted maintainers. The board puts heavy stock into that. The other tricky thing about AMDO, is that there are only about 500 officers from O-1 to O-7, so there are less quotas than other designators, and if/when you do get selected, don't be surprised if you have to wait a bit for OCS due to the small amount of quotas.

My MOS was 7011 (Aircraft recovery and expeditionary airfields). I also went to avionics school (I - level).

My recruiter told me that do to my age (32 when I graduate w/ a BS in Logistics) my navy options are limited to Intel. and AMDO. I'm willing to try for both but I was hoping that AMDO would be a little easier to get into.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I just wanted to know how competitive is it to get selected for AMDO.
I'm a 30 year old Junior in college with a 3.0 GPA,
prior service in the Marine Corps (5 years)
I have a background in aircraft recovery and work for the FAA as a logistics manager.

Thanks for any info that would help.
Olly7011

Best of luck to you...

Wannab_a1525

My MOS was 7011 (Aircraft recovery and expeditionary airfields). I also went to avionics school (I - level).

My recruiter told me that do to my age (32 when I graduate w/ a BS in Logistics) my navy options are limited to Intel. and AMDO. I'm willing to try for both but I was hoping that AMDO would be a little easier to get into.

AMDO is maybe the hardest to get into. I was Selected in Feb. '06 (first time applying), and they only had 4 slots for the FY. A strong Maintenance background is a must for AMDO, along with everything else. Just dont give up. Keep applying!!! i'm helping two buddies with their package. Both them are from the same shop, which makes it hard, but they both would be Great AMDO's! That's what we're here for .. to ask questions.