• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMDO Detailer Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoshots02

AMDO - 13 Nov OCS
Boy its been quiet on our little AMDO forum :p

Anyway I heard somewhere that you get to speak to the detailer (is there just one AMDO detailer?) during OCS to find out where you are going to be going after AMDO training. I also heard that it would be better to contact the detailer before OCS to at least get the ball rolling before the ____ hits the fan at OCS and something about contacting the detailer around late October (I have a November OCS date).

Is this information correct? If so how do I find out how to contact the detailer? Do I have to wait until the end of OCS to find out where I am going?

I feel like I am going in blind and my recruiter is little help.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I don't see any point in talking to the detailer before OCS. You'll get to talk to him around week 9 or so (it got us out of another classes parade). There's a CDR who details 0-5 and below, and a CAPT who details the CAPTs, so basically, there's only one detailer to deal with.

twoshots02

AMDO - 13 Nov OCS
Ok so along those lines once you talk to him in OCS you know where you are going to be assigned? Trying to figure out at what point my wife gets to move to whatever duty station (post-OCS or post-AMDO training) and at least where.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Right. You'll find out where you're going before you're done with OCS. If you contacted him now, he probably wouldn't be able to give you a straight answer. Since your OCS date is in November, you'll probably be in the March AMO class, giving you a grad date in May. That's what the detailer is looking at to see what's available. Since AMDO is so tiny, you basically need to wait to see who's rolling out to see what you can get.

F414Guy

TwoShots02,

Plan on having x number of AMDO's in our OCS class and that same amount of orders available. ThisGuy said he had himself and one other AMDO in his class and only two different orders offered. Where do you want to go and what kind of duty do you want(O or I level)? I think there are three of us in the 13 November OCS class. It may come down to class rank or flipping a coin if we want the same orders. I'm up for anything really but have some preferences in my head.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
F414Guy said:
TwoShots02,

Plan on having x number of AMDO's in our OCS class and that same amount of orders available. ThisGuy said he had himself and one other AMDO in his class and only two different orders offered. Where do you want to go and what kind of duty do you want(O or I level)? I think there are three of us in the 13 November OCS class. It may come down to class rank or flipping a coin if we want the same orders. I'm up for anything really but have some preferences in my head.

Not entirely true. There were only 2 spots left for two of us, because we were the last to get commissioned and attend the January AMO class. Of the other people in our OCS class, 3 graduated in 04-03 (we were 07-03), so they had 3 people with the choice from 5 orders. In fact, we originally had 3 guys in our class, but one rolled, which meant that one of us would've had to be stashed and wait around for the next AMO class if he hadn't rolled.

twoshots02

AMDO - 13 Nov OCS
Good. For a minute there I thought we would have had to hold a cage match to fight for billets :p There can be only one!

MikenColo

twoshots02 said:
Good. For a minute there I thought we would have had to hold a cage match to fight for billets :p There can be only one!

As long as it's a cage match and not Jell-o wrestling!!! :icon_eek:

From what Thisguy says, I'll be in about the same situation that he was, with my class date being 9/11. Assuming I don't roll - something I'm really hoping to avoid. Nice to know I'll get whatever's leftover. Just kidding. Actually I'm pretty open, I just have my preferences like F414Guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.