• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Amdo Dco

phatkat

Just wondering if there are any reservist out there applying for DCO AMDO.

I hope to have my package completed by the end of OCT.

Any info about board date, quotas, or any advice will be welcomed.

Wannab_a1525

I heard the boards are occurring every month. Basically, when the board gets "X-amount" of packages in, they'll hold a selection board.

I hope you have a lot of Avionics Management background? (i.e. Work center Sup, CDI, etc.) The board looks for that. To get an edge, make sure you enroll for a Master's program. A BS is the min. Req'ment. The board is looking for people who go above and beyond! Trust me, I ran into the two CAPT's who were on my board and they told me why I was picked above all others. Make sure all of you "i's" are dotted and "t's" crossed on all of your paper work. Make sure you have everything! Don't send an incomplete package, regardless of whatever your recruiter tells you. It would suck to send it up incomplete and find out two months later that’s why you weren't selected because of that reason. I posted a lot of Info. On this space in other places, check out my postings, about the AMDO stuff, just do a search. Just make sure you have awesome write ups! If there not "10's" or "outstanding" don’t include them. Get as many character references (O-4 and above) as possible; you can never have enough good things said about you. Make sure most of them are from the 15XX community.

Good Luck!

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Wannab,

Though alot of that is specifc to the AMDO board/app process, alot is also good advice for anyone applying for a commission.

Rep if I could give it..