• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMDO boards

Shmack

I have been trying to find out information on when boards are selecting for AMDO; for some reason I cannot find any information, is there anyone that knows anything about when the boards conviene? I know it is a small career field and the numbers are not very high, but since that is the experience I have I figure that is my best shot.

Shmack

I see; I have not applied yet but my package will be ready to submit as soon I get my conditional release all together. I should have it all turned in about 2 or 3 weeks from now. I guess I was just looking for a timeline.

Depends

My wife got selected for AMDO and is at OCS now. It was her first choice. In my humble opinion, having helped her with her package, if you focus on your Aviation Maintenance background in your personal statement and in your CO's recommendation, it goes a long way. Of course, your evals will help as well. But, even if you don't get picked up as an AMDO, remember you can always apply for redesignation after a couple years. Getting selected into the program is the first step. Are you an AE? If you have any questions, let me know. I think I have a copy of her package around here somewhere...