• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Amdo Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

marti

The AMDO board is meeting on 3-26. I was wondering if there was anybody else out there that is up for this one. Maybe we could swap stats or tell sea stories or something.

marti

twoshots02 what where your stats and how many times did you apply?
Did you get chosen on this board?

twoshots02

AMDO - 13 Nov OCS
This is my first attempt at applying. My stats are:
47 for my OAR.
BS in Computer Information Systems.
No prior military experience.

I got a call on Wednesday from Cmdr Pruett (he's the Community Mangager). He interviewed me and told me a bit about AMDO. He told me that he was going to try to hold a board on Friday and I got my phone call from my recruiter on that very Friday.

AMDO was my third choice behind Intel and Crypto. My package was entered the begining of March.

twoshots02

AMDO - 13 Nov OCS
This is the AMDO Association . One of the guys who works on it is Cmdr Art Pruett. He is the community manager. You can probably contact him directly via email off that site. He can tell you when he held any prior boards.

If any of us do make it all the way to AMDO this will be an important site for us.

F414Guy

I was just informed last week by the XO that I had been selected for OCS. This was my first time applying. I applied for 1520 and 139X. I knew I was to old to be competitive for 139X and my test scores were not exactly stellar. I guess my prior service (11.5 years) and my service record put me over the top. My package was one of the 8 that was reviewed by the AMDO board on 3/26. I also got a chance to be interviewed by CDR Pruett, he is serious about what he does but is easy to talk to. I just found this site and have started my research into the "gouge" of OCS. I report to OCS 13 Nov. Good luck to all that have applied.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Just a thought: Don't view the phone conversation with CDR Pruett as an "interview" If you get a phone call, that's a good sign. He's the community manager and his job is to explain what you'll do as an AMDO, because most recruiters really don't know anything about the community (not thier fault).

When I spoke with the community manager, he must've asked me three times if I was still interested. If I said I wasn't, he probably would've picked up another package and called another guy.

twoshots02

AMDO - 13 Nov OCS
My FINDOCS just went in this week. Took me two trys to pass the PRT but I finally did it.

Anyone else heard on their final selects and recieved an OCS date?

Status
Not open for further replies.