• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Am I still eligible?

LukeD11

Apologies if I shouldn't be posting here without a more thorough search on the site, but I am just looking for a quick answer on if it is still feasible for me to submit an OCS package for pilot. I am 29 years old, turning 30 in August. I am currently in the Navy as an aircrewman, and have been in since 2013. Currently in the final semester of school and should be finishing up in April. I have seen conflicting information as far as age restrictions for pilot. I have read no older than 32 upon commissioning, but I have also seen that things are very backed up. I am planning on taking the ASTB in the coming months but other than that I have not started much of the process. Several of my officers from my previous squadron have reached out expressing that they'd love to work with me for LOR's, so I think I am covered there.

My question is with how late I am getting started, is it still possible for me to get picked up for this program? I have read about ISPP as well, but I am worried that I have a waiver for Lasik eye surgery. I know the Navy has done away with needing a waiver for lasik, but the paperwork is still on my record. All of the physical readiness requirements are not an issue.

Thanks for the help!