• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am I gonna make the cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyinHigh

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum, and I have been reading some of the posts and I think it is great. I like the idea that everyone out there shares common goals. I want to ask for some advice on me being able to get a slot as a SNA:

I am 19 years old and a junior in college studying Aerospace Engineering, and minoring in Math. I currently have a 3.4 GPA, and am in progress of obtaining a private pilot's license. I have not taken the PFT, I feel that I can get near perfect scores on the pull-ups and crunches, it is the running that will bring me down considering I just aggravated my patella tendon training for the PFT. I am also taking the ASTB this Thursday, and have studied quite a while for it. Anyone out there have any idea of what I can expect ???

FlyinHigh

Lonestar155

is good to go
It is a very competitive process thats for sure! You and me have the same stats. Im 19 years old at a JC also studying aerospace eng with a 3.2 GPA. Im also trying to obtain my PPL. Im also in tip top shape. Just goes to show how competitive and unique you must be. Definitly good luck with your SNA slot though.

NOR CAL#1

FlyinHigh

Lonestar,

thats awesome, I know that the market out there is going to be quite competitive, I think that we both are doing something smart by taking a technical degree, especially in a field where you are going to learn about the parts and mechanics of an airplane. Also learning to fly in prop planes has not only taught me alot of terminology but it helps to understand some basic principles of flight which is bound to help us later on. How far are you on your degree? Have you taken all your calculus and differential equations classes? What about your upper-division aerospace classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.