• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Alternate DCO Select

AU_Aviation

I received a call from my OR today stating that I was selected at the HCA DCO Board, but I was identified as an Alternate. I know that some communities don't do alternates at all, so advice on this might be limited. What are to odds that I still get picked up for this year, or should I start looking towards the next Board?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I received a call from my OR today stating that I was selected at the HCA DCO Board, but I was identified as an Alternate. I know that some communities don't do alternates at all, so advice on this might be limited. What are to odds that I still get picked up for this year, or should I start looking towards the next Board?

This is common for medical boards. Your recruiter can give you a somewhat solid idea if you’ll move up to a select this year or simply have to reapply again.

AU_Aviation

Spoke with my recruiter and I'm identified as an FY22 alternate.

No specific timetable on when I should shift my focus to next year, but we are going to wait this week and next week and then start the conversations. There is always a chance that one of those selected can't commission for some reason, but I don't know how often that actually happens.

exNavyOffRec

Spoke with my recruiter and I'm identified as an FY22 alternate.

No specific timetable on when I should shift my focus to next year, but we are going to wait this week and next week and then start the conversations. There is always a chance that one of those selected can't commission for some reason, but I don't know how often that actually happens.
It is rare, I only saw 1 person who decided not to commission in either DCO or OCS by choice, the others that could not commission at all or were delayed were due to injury.

You might ask your recruiter how many were selected and how many alternates there are, and if the alternates were ranked.

AU_Aviation

It is rare, I only saw 1 person who decided not to commission in either DCO or OCS by choice, the others that could not commission at all or were delayed were due to injury.

You might ask your recruiter how many were selected and how many alternates there are, and if the alternates were ranked.
There were 4 total selected. As far as I know, I am the only alternate from the group.

AU_Aviation

Recruiter called me this morning to let me know that one of those selected declined the spot. The selection rolled to me and I immediately accepted! I honestly didn’t think this call would happen but I couldn’t be more excited for the opportunity.

Now it’s just time to wait for COMMDOCS to come in.

Moral of the story: never give up!

number9

Contributor
Recruiter called me this morning to let me know that one of those selected declined the spot. The selection rolled to me and I immediately accepted! I honestly didn’t think this call would happen but I couldn’t be more excited for the opportunity.

Now it’s just time to wait for COMMDOCS to come in.

Moral of the story: never give up!
Congrats!