• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Allergies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bully

My officer recruiter asked me about allergies when I was on the phone with him the other day. When he asked, I assumed he was talking about allergies to medicines so I said that I didn't have any. Here's the deal. I just saw on the JSUPT site that the AF requires that you have no "allergies or hay fever" after age 12. Now I'm wondering if my recruiter was asking about that. Does having allergies disqualify you? I thought everybody had hay-fever symptoms at some point or another...or is everyone I know just sickly? I mean it's not like I can't go outside, but if I'm standing there and a cloud of pollen surrounds me, I'm probably going to sneeze. SO what's the deal? Anybody have info? It sure would suck a$$ to be disqualified for someting as trivial as that. Anyway, all info is appreciated.
Bully

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
I believe your recruiter was talking about something so serious, you had to seek medical attention (like serious hay fever or asthma). Sneezing, uh, inside your O2 mask isn't exactly the greatest feeling, but it's not the end of the world, I would think. I'm sure most people are fine

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any questions with a medical twist like that, my response is pretty common. This is to keep me from looking like an idiot (which I have to work with on a daily basis). But more importantly I don't want to put out any bogus info. So here's my common response to something of this nature. Call NOMI down in Pensacola and speak to a flight surgeon. Or you may be able to find some info at www.nomi.navy.mil

Either way, it's best for you to talk to people directly who know the answers instead of getting some second hand info from me or anyone else.

Best of luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.