• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airwarriors Chat Now Shows Users Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Okay, I FINALLY got around to coding the chat so it will show when users are online in the chat. This is a quick and dirty fix, and there are a couple limitations.

- The chat counter will update when you enter the chat.
- The chat counter will recognize your IP address and only log you once, in case you close the window, and go back to login.
- After 300 seconds (5 minutes), the script assumes that you are done chatting, and decrases the chat counter by one.

This chat is NOT hosted on my server, so I had to come up with a workaround to give an indication when ppl are in the chat room. For the moment, this is the best I can come up with.

IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE CHAT COUNT ACCURATE WHILE YOU ARE IN THE CHAT, THEN HIT "F5" ON YOUR KEY BOARD TO REFRESH/RELOAD THE PAGE. It will reload the webpage, and to other users in chat, it will show you logging out and back in, but will reset the chat counter. I could have made this automatic, but when I tested it, it was quite annoying to not have control over it.

Also, it is somewhat easy to spoof the login/user name on the chat at the moment. I will fix that shortly.

Thoughts? Comments? Criticisms?

John

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It seems to show a "1" even if there is noone currently in the chat. That's coming from Mozilla 5.0 if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.