• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aircrew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow_hedgehog

I had just recently talked to a friend of mine who is currently in the navy as an enlisted aircrewman. Him, being the jerk that he is, won't tell me anything about it until "i signed up and see for myself." So, how does that work? Will I get the same kind of phyiscal as if I was going for pilot or NFO? And what makes them different from the other mechanics, electricans, and others?

James Johnson

Gator

James,
I don't know if an aircrewmans physical is the same as a normal flight physical, but there is a difference between a flight physcial and a normal entry physical. For a flight physcial you will have additional tests such as eye tests, an EKG,anthropometric measurment. It's nothing to worry about and I'd tell your friends to kiss your a.

Gator

James,
I don't know if an aircrewmans physical is the same as a normal flight physical, but there is a difference between a flight physcial and a normal entry physical. For a flight physcial you will have additional tests such as eye tests, an EKG,anthropometric measurment. It's nothing to worry about and I'd tell your friends to kiss your a.

Paul Burke

Enlisted Standards

1.11 NAVAL AIRCREW (FIXED WING)

Designated Same standards as SG1 except:

DVA/NVA
Must be corrected to 20/20-0 each eye (However, if AFVT or Goodlite letters are used a score of 7/10 on the 20/20 line constitutes meeting visual acuity requirements), glasses will be worn while flying (if > 20/100 carry extra pair).

REFRACTION
No limit, but must be recorded.

PHORIAS: NOHOSH, Cover test must also be performed

DEPTH: Not Required

Applicant Same standards as SG1 except:

ANTHROS
Record. If applicant does not meet standards, disposition is NPQ Aircrew, waiver recommended for approriate community.

DVA/NVA
Must be corrected to 20/20-0 each eye (However, if AFVT or Goodlite letters are used a score of 7/10 on the 20/20 line constitutes meeting visual acuity requirements), glasses will be worn while flying (if > 20/100 carry extra pair).

REFRACTION: No limit

HEARING: SNA standards

1.12 NAVAL AIRCREW (HELICOPTER) USN/USMC

Designated Same standards as SG1 except:

DVA/NVA
20/100 or better; corrected to 20/20-0 each eye (However, if AFVT or Goodlite letters are used a score of 7/10 on the 20/20 line constitutes meeting visual acuity requirements), glasses will be worn while flying (if > 20/100 carry extra pair).

REFRACTION: No limits

HEARING
Same as SG1

DEPTH PERCEPTION: Not required

Applicant Same standards as SG1 except:

DVA/NVA
20/100 or better; corrected to 20/20-0 each eye (However, if AFVT or Goodlite letters are used a score of 7/10 on the 20/20 line constitutes meeting visual acuity requirements), glasses will be worn while flying (if > 20/100 carry extra pair).

REFRACTION: No limits

DEPTH PERCEPTION: Not required

HEARING
Same as SNA

That's a copy and paste from NAMI's website. Here's the link to the entire guide to the physical qualifications.
http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/NAMI/WaiverGuideTopics/exams.htm

Edited by - Paul Burke on 02/22/2002 15:33:52

n/a

James,

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but currently there is a detachment of student naval aviators flying out of Las Cruces Airport. They should be there at least until the first week of March. You should go there and talk to the studs to see what Primary training is all about. At the worst, you can see the T-34C turboweenie!

Maybe you can also tell them about some different clubs other than Hurricanes, the Rodeo, or the Hilton. They'll appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.