• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aircraft selection

Senior

I am Recruiting and I am not sure how the pipe line works once you get to Pensacola.
During training when do you find out what type of aircraft you will be flying? If you want to fly big aircraft (logistic) or patrol craft. can you select to go into that specialty?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
At the end of your first stage of training, called Primary, you will select the broad type airframe you want to fly (Jets, Helicopters, Maritime and soon I guess, tilt-rotors). The final decision is determined by your flight training scores, the needs of the navy, your preferences, and sometimes pipeline availability.

There is a great deal of information in these pages about how it works…the search function will help you.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
At the end of your first stage of training, called Primary, you will select the broad type airframe you want to fly (Jets, Helicopters, Maritime and soon I guess, tilt-rotors). The final decision is determined by your flight training scores, the needs of the navy, your preferences, and sometimes pipeline availability.

There is a great deal of information in these pages about how it works…the search function will help you.
I think E2/C2 is a primary choice now instead of out of advanced

exNavyOffRec

Isn't luck part of it too :D