• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force Reserve Pilot Board/Selection Process...

Equilibrium

Does anyone possess recent experience with the ANG/AFRC pilot hiring process? I've been with my unit approximately one year and trying to elicit concrete/usable information about the pilot hiring process isn't easy. I've talked to two pilots and while they've been enthusiastic about my aspirations, no one seems to know anything about UPT board dates, application deadlines or who to talk to about such matters. I've reached out to a few other pilots via email, but have received no responses. To my knowledge, this unit has no dedicated pilot hiring recruiter either. (It's my understanding some units have such a person.)

When I checked in to this unit, I was asked about my professional goals (by the Wing CO, no less). I said I wanted to fly. I was told to obtain a pilot's license (about finished with that) and graduate from college (my degree, at that point in time, had been completed for a while). I was also told to network with the pilots (which I have been attempting to do.) Ops always seems to be empty. I can never find any pilots there. For an Air Force Base, a small one granted, finding pilots is rather difficult. (For what's it worth, the two pilots I managed to talk to were at the BX and our unit administrative building).

It's my understanding that some units utilize a very formal, open process to announce pilot vacancies and review and select pilot candidates. Here, it would seem, that networking with the pilots directly and "rushing" them, as it's called, is the game to be played. Has anyone else had this experience? Am I missing something? I don't want to miss an opportunity but I also don't want to be "that guy" by bothering the people that may well hold my military career's future in their hands. (Provided I could find someone to bother!) Any advice is much appreciated.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Baseops.net would be your resource, I think they have a section on this very subject.