• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force LT going to P'Cola...could use a place to stay and some advice.

darkhorse18

Hey folks,

I'm 9 days out from commissioning at the Air Force Academy, and I'm slated to start up Undergraduate Navigator Training in Pensacola. I'm looking for a place (and maybe some roommates that might want to split rent) and some advice on what the training timeline looks like and what I should do when (they don't really tell the Air Force guys much about what goes on at Pensacola). Also, if anyone's got any tips on where the good places to hang out are, please shoot me a reply.
Here are the vitals if there are any potential roommates out there:

Name: Carl
DOB: 30 Jan 84 (Age 22)
Commissioning Source: USAF Academy
AFSC: 92T1 - Navigator (NFO equivalent) Trainee
Degree: English & Fine Arts, Chinese
Non-Smoker
Don't have pets
Looking to split rent with 1 or 2 people at one of the houses in the local area
Moving to Pensacola in July, training start date in December, completion date December 07

I'm pretty laid back and I like to party. I have a 'work hard, play hard' mentality. I have my bartending license if you're looking for good drinks. I enjoy flying, parachuting, motorcycles, sports, and reading. I'm pretty open to sharing, but I'm not a big fan of mooches like my Academy roommate. I'm pretty clean, and I like to keep a quiet study environment. I like hanging out and having fun with my roommates, but your life is yours and mine is mine. I'll keep your privacy yours if you'll do the same for me. Thanks.

- Carl

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Carl,
Welcome to the boards and to aviation.

Some stuff: Don't expect the start date on your orders to hold. It all depends on what happens with the wait time.

Find a place outside the back gate. There will be alot of people looking for a place or roommates. Maybe hook up with one of your classmates. Also, look on the Housing forum.

During the wait, have fun and live it up.

Good luck when you get down here.

Cheers, Bubba

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
darkhorse18 said:
I have my bartending license if you're looking for good drinks.
This should be bold and centered, #1 thing going for you.

Seriously, good look in flight training, seems that there are quite a few posting on here with places to stay or looking for roommates. Pensacola is a good time.

John

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
That post sounds like this ad from the newspaper personals:

M4MM: 22 SWM, non-smoking, new to area, not looking for anything long-term. I'm a fighter pilot who loves to party and have a good time. I love animals, kids, and I'm good in the kitchen. I have a deep appreciation of the arts, and can speak Chinese. Very open to new ideas, and I won't get jealous. I'm a biker boy; hop on for the ride of your life!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

M4MM: 22 SWM, non-smoking, new to area, not looking for anything long-term. I'm a fighter pilot who loves to party and have a good time. I love animals, kids, and I'm good in the kitchen. I have a deep appreciation of the arts, and can speak Chinese. Very open to new ideas, and I won't get jealous. I'm a biker boy; hop on for the ride of your life!

Don't make me conjure up that vomiting guy again. :D

Brett

Cordespc

None
Contributor

Read my mind. Notional rep points for you, my friend.:)