• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force Guy Headed to Whiting

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
It goes past 4.5 Gs all the time. Personally, I've never done it to myself, but it happens. I do remember getting a little over-zealous w/ a Mid in the back and pegging 4.500000000000000 Gs. I was worried about what the rear meter said, but fortunately, I guess I caught it in time.

I have had a few over Gs, a couple due to me not blocking over zealous students and one due to me avoiding going into a cloud during a cruise form wingover.

In CORTRAMID, I had a plane whose rear cockpit G meter would not go past 4.0, so once I was good and tolerant to G's, I regularly over G'd the rear meter.

Trust me, it goes past 4.5 no problems. That being said, with the exception of the CORTRAMID plane, I have never exceeded 5G's and never clicked the airframe accelerometers (in CORTRAMID, I put 9 clicks on, but the maintainers refused to replace the G meter in the front).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Trust me, it goes past 4.5 no problems. That being said, with the exception of the CORTRAMID plane, I have never exceeded 5G's and never clicked the airframe accelerometers (in CORTRAMID, I put 9 clicks on, but the maintainers refused to replace the G meter in the front).

That's weird. We had a similar issue last year and Ken just moved the rear meter to the front and everything was good.

In a related story... I was flying w/ one USNA mid (yeah...you want to be a Marine but you're hair is that long?) and ended up having to wait down by the point where the river goes inland where you call Arrival. I think some Hornet dude was clobbering the radios, so we started orbiting. I let the mid turn while I was fiddling w/ something in the cockpit. He didn't roll much more than what I told him, but he just kept pulling back on the stick. Because he caught me w/ my head down, my vision was going quick before I could get out a "Easy...easy...Stop PULLING! <sigh off ICS> Okay, I have controls, let's head in."

No over-G, but that whole flight was weird.

fastnumber15

TailSpin--classic low level
Yeah I am still keeping up with everything. Alot of helpful info, although some of the acronyms are out of my vocabulary currently, I get the jist of most things. Flew a King Air today for some fun so staying up to date on my flying as much as possible. Look forward to gettting there. Thanks for all the input and info.