• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age Waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

aviatormo

I have a friend who is currently in the Naval Reserves after 9 yrs. active duty who is interested in an NFO slot. The problem is that he just turned 32. Does anybody know how easy it is to get an age waiver?

Moses Smith

grmaster1

Your friend can continue being interested...

He's gotta be up to age 32 at the time of commissioning (completion of OCS)--that's a waiver for prior enlisted service.

Regular is 30 years for NFO (1375); so, he's not going to get it unless he "acquires" another birth certificate
icon_smile_wink.gif

That was from OPNAV 1420.1

And, I'll see you in OCS[:D]

cuculeis

aviatormo, tell your friend that he can request an age waiver up to 33 yrs old now, i found out by calling the guy "Ed" who works at TN and does all the screening for the boards. the opnav is outdated...now im not sure if that only applies to active duty or if they will allow reservists the waiver... im active duty and will be just shy of 32 when i get commissioned in Feb...that was one of my concerns though...just a thought. NFO

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
If he's got 9 years active duty he can use 4 of those year towards a waiver. For example, pilot is 27 waiverable to 31. If NFO is 30 then he has 'til he's 34. The age waiver is automatic as long as you include an official copy of your DD214 showing your active dury time.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

grmaster1

Originally posted by Vic
If he's got 9 years active duty he can use 4 of those year towards a waiver. For example, pilot is 27 waiverable to 31. If NFO is 30 then he has 'til he's 34. The age waiver is automatic as long as you include an official copy of your DD214 showing your active dury time.

Read my reply above...

OPNAV 1420.1 is a new 2001 instruction.

You have to be under 32 at the time of commissioning with NFO student designator--that's pretty simple to understand.

Even though you get up to 4 years for your prior service waived, it's your age on the graqduation day that counts. It's the law.

grmaster1

Originally posted by Vic
Sorry, dude!

Like you say, Don't sweat it!

How's Germany, man?

Prost! goes out to you, because local beer is kinda crappy[:D]
I did buy a mini keg of Warsteiner to ring in Oktoberfest here in Italy--don't have time to drive up to your neck of woods...

I'm classing up on 13OCT02[8D], and I'm leaving Italy next week--it's check out time
icon_smile_wink.gif

Good luck in OCS!

Airman Rob

For pilot applicants, OPNAV 1420.1 does not specify a month-to-month age waiver for prior service individuals. It implies that any prior service member can receive an age waiver to age 31 - is that correct or is it more specific elsewhere.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.