• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age Limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiken82

What age limits are you guys being told on Air Contract? I got rejected for OCC 182, I would consider submitting for 183 but my OSO acted as if it would be pointless at my age. Any old-timers out there getting the same business. Stats were: 28 yrs. , 263 pft, 464 astb, PPL.

"WELL, ARE YOU GONNA PULL THOSE PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE"

THE OUTLAW JOSIE WALES

perchul

I'm newly 23, but I think the main point of contention of you getting in is that you should retake the astb, the last "4" doesn't mean much but you want to change your first score to a 5...it maybe tough to get a 285 as well but its I'm sure it would be worth the effort. I haven't heard anything about the boards weighting age into a score. I know the navy limit for flight is 27 though

Schwabenprinz

My OSO gave me the list of the people who were accepted in my area to OCC 182. A couple guys had 4 and 6 on their astb but their pft was higher than yours. You were pretty close you just need a higher pft or a higher astb. Email me if you want the list.

-------------------
This space for rent

Spin

SNA in Meridian
kaiken82,

I recently got shot down for Navy and I am now applying for Marines. I had 5's across the board on my ASTB so my OSO said I had to retest cause I need a FOFAR of 6 (if I only answered 2 more questions right arrggg). Anyway ... I am 27, going to be 28 in April. My OSO said that the age cutoff was 27 and 1/2 but that I can apply for a waiver. From what I've heard, age isn't "as much" of a factor for the Marines. He said there is a 50/50 shot at the waiver but he REALLY stressed the PFT. He said that this is one of the most impt parts of the package ESPECIALLY for the older folks like us hehe.

Basically the reasoning is that a 20 year old who is not in the best shape has time to improve but someone who is older is "probably" not going to improve too much. Anyway ... this is what my OSO told me so I hope it somewhat helps.

Peace,

-Spin

Beaver

I heard similar stuff. The maximum age without a waiver is 28 but they supposedly weigh the PFT higher if you are older. Also, any waivers that you do have won't look good because of how competitive it is right now, but that doesn't mean you won't get accepted. What can it hurt to try again? Just make sure you're in awesome shape!
I made it into 182 without any waivers but I think a few people who were accepted still had a waiver or two.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.