• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

After being pro-rec'd...?

PCHomerun_4

One of my friends is enlisted in the air guard and goes to school. He is going to apply for a flight slot in the guard his senior year, after taking the AFOQT and all that good AF stuff. He says that after the package has been submitted that they get an interview with the selection board. I was wondering, looking at the BDCP and OCS side, after being pro-rec'd does a Navy applicant have to go before a board for an interview? It could be before being pro-rec'd, but some of you guys who have already been there may can enlighten me.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
No interview with any boards. All you'll end up talking to is your recruiter and processor (paperwork person).

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Back in the day, you had to have two interviews with a commissioned officer. No more. The reason the Guard does it is because they are dealing with very small numbers. You are applying for that unit. And because they know that you will be coming back to them and they have to live with you for years, they want to be damn sure they aren't wasting any of their precious money or that you will be a tool at the club and dangerous in the cockpit. It would be no different if you were applying to a single squadron in the Navy. In fact, that is essentially what happens when a fleet guy applies to a Reserve squadron.