• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

after API

flyerstud4

Does your API preformance dictate your class standing after primary or is it simply a stage you must pass before starting primary?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Does your API preformance dictate your class standing after primary or is it simply a stage you must pass before starting primary?

No and yes.

Advanced, then, doesn't use your API or Primary grades....unless, of course, there's any "tie-breaking" needed when you select out of advanced (helos anyway...)

~D

Junior

pilot
No. Your API grades are documented in the left side of your ATJ (training jacket) though. My onwing in primary actually looked at them to get an idea of how hard I was working.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's cyclical. Apparently right now they don't count. They have in the past and probably will in the future.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
In Adv Jets when you wing we have something called the "Golden Stick" award. They use your grades from API (I think), Primary and Adv to figure out your composite score and whoever has the highest one wins. You get an award and usually a check. Don't know if that's just a Meridian thing or everyone has something like that.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
In Adv Jets when you wing we have something called the "Golden Stick" award. They use your grades from API (I think), Primary and Adv to figure out your composite score and whoever has the highest one wins. You get an award and usually a check. Don't know if that's just a Meridian thing or everyone has something like that.

Your composite score out of Meridian has nothing to do with Primary or API, unless that changed since I winged in March.

Composite = 4 * [(Ground NSS * 0.1) + (Flight NSS * 0.9)]

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor

And the award for second place is found in the ladies room...blah blah blah

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Your composite score out of Meridian has nothing to do with Primary or API, unless that changed since I winged in March.

Composite = 4 * [(Ground NSS * 0.1) + (Flight NSS * 0.9)]

Your probably right ... an instructor told me it was all of flight training and it's possible he could be wrong .... but the scores are usually in the 200's and just plugging in random NSS's you don't seem to be able to get even close to thatwith the formula you have above. The guy from yesterdays was like 225 or something.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your probably right ... an instructor told me it was all of flight training and it's possible he could be wrong .... but the scores are usually in the 200's and just plugging in random NSS's you don't seem to be able to get even close to thatwith the formula you have above. The guy from yesterdays was like 225 or something.

Are you in VT-7? Go talk to Miss Mary, she'll explain it all.

Actually, most scores aren't in the 200s. To get in the 200s you need a 50's NSS or higher... most don't walk out of T-45 with a 50 or higher. But, that's the formula, there is no consideration for Primary or API, no one cares. The only time they consider that is for a tie breaker, etc etc.