• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aeronautical Engineering Officer Program

SamAca10

Is it required for an aviator to have an engineering degree to participate in this program, or would a government, management or operations research be able to do this program too? Thanks!

Brunes

pilot
No specific degree is required to start the program. Strong performance at your first air station, w/ some time spent working in the AvEng dept will help. It is likely that you will go to grad school for an aviation engineering related topic at some point after selection for the program, so depending on your math/science background that may prove challenging, but it is totally doable.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
The AEDO community concentrates on providing cradle–to-grave life cycle support of aerospace systems via program management, test and evaluation, and fleet support with the goal of improved current and future readiness for the Naval Aviation Enterprise. AEDOs work with government and industry experts to plan and design future aerospace systems, field improvements to current systems, and monitor production, modification, and depot level maintenance of aerospace systems at government and contractor facilities. Only Applicants from the URL aviation designator (13XX) can be considered.
Degree/Requirements: Selection is not based upon degree alone; however, technical undergraduate degrees are preferred. Technical, Systems Engineering, Technical Management, and Business (read MBA) graduate degrees are highly desired. Applicants must be aviation warfare qualified officers (pilot or NFO). 48 months of sea duty experience would be a plus

sardaddy

pilot
That is great info Chief, but has nothing to do with the Coast Guard Aviation Engineering program. The Coast Guard program doesn't require any of the above. Brunes pretty much summed it up in his post.

SamAca10

I'm an Engineering major here at the academy, so hearing that engineering isn't a prerequisite for the program is a bit depressing. Oh well, I'm sure that having an undergrad engineering degree can't hurt.

Renegade One

None
I'm an Engineering major here at the academy, so hearing that engineering isn't a prerequisite for the program is a bit depressing. Oh well, I'm sure that having an undergrad engineering degree can't hurt.
No one ever got kicked out of the O'Club for being "too well educated". Be happy...