• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advice on what to do with 1/C summer

Hey all, I'm going into my 1/C year this fall and hoping to service select naval aviation. I was disappointed to hear about my summer training being cancelled but I'm determined to make my summer productive in lieu of a cruise. I've already taken an ASTB and gotten decent scores (65-7/6/7) so I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on something I could be doing to better prepare myself for flight school and the Navy as a whole. Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Take some flying lessons? Let me be more precise...maybe learn to fly something like an LSA. Yes, it is slow, and VFR only, but you might pick up a few fun-to-know stick and rudder skills.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Take some flying lessons? Let me be more precise...maybe learn to fly something like an LSA. Yes, it is slow, and VFR only, but you might pick up a few fun-to-know stick and rudder skills.
Probably beyond the resources of most college students, and of questionable value as a flight student Unless they can amass a significant number of hours.

I recommend domestic travel, road trips to places you’ve never been before, read a lot, meditate, learn some new life skills, go camping, volunteer, and write more great songs, like I Love LA. ?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Probably beyond the resources of most college students, and of questionable value as a flight student Unless they can amass a significant number of hours.

I recommend domestic travel, road trips to places you’ve never been before, read a lot, meditate, learn some new life skills, go camping, volunteer, and write more great songs, like I Love LA. ?
I assumed the OP had to make something of their summer beyond free time. If it’s free time, then he’ll yes, road trip and see things few bother to see.