• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Advice and Expectation

StephenCanDo

I plan on applying for NFO position and have the following pros and cons

Pros:
Significant Extra-curriculars in academic programs, non-profits and Community Service projects.
Strong work experience on resume at a Law Firm and local college as a Speech and Debate Coach.
Athletic and exercise daily.
Good health, no medications or Conditions (25 years old).

Cons:
Eyesight - 20/50ish.
Grades - 2.5 GPA with English Degree.

Also, Have been studying for the ASTB-E at least an hour every night and (Pro) expect to do very well when I take it in two (2) weeks. If I perform well on this test, do the pros outweigh the cons enough to give me a chance of being accepted. Would try for pilot but I know the eyesight minimum uncorrected is 20/40. Am extremely excited about the idea of NFO as well though.

Recruiter at the office didn't seem to think the GPA was surmountable obstacle, and encouraged me to just enlist, but I want to fly quite badly and am looking for a second opinion. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Hopefully this is enough relevant information to give an accurate evaluation.

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Start off by searching the forums. Tons of material you can easily find to assist with your concerns. Your questions have been asked and answered before.

Lots of information can be found in my signature line.