• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advanced Helo Questions (Navy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

pilot
Advanced Helo dudes,
How long is the wait for helos upon graduating Primary? I have a Dec 14 grad date from Moody and was curious how long the stash time is. Also is 6 months pretty average for you guys to finish the syllabus? I know the HSL RAG/FRS is in Jax but where are the other RAGs/FRSs? Is almost everybody going 60s? How many guys get other stuff and what is left (Hueys, 46s, 53s, H-3s)?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Well, for starters, only Marines get Hueys or 46s. The Navy has a VERY FEW 53 and H-3 slots left, but the rest is 60s. The Marines have no 60s available for selection, so I don't know how you overlapped the selections. Might want to look up Jane's Naval Aircraft again.

mdubs

pilot
Sorry sir, I thought that HC-8 and HC-11 still had 46s left, but I did mess up the Hueys. Do you put down HSL, HS, HCS or HM on your selection card after graduating or do you pick base location? I'd like to shoot for HSL but I wasn't sure if you can select a specific platform or not. Again, a long way off but it gets my mind off of Air Force stand-ups for a little while.
Thanks.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
You select HS,HSL,or HC and all possible combinations of bases. I think there are 18 possible choices, which you put in rank order. Obviously, not every base has every type. Some selections are available every time, but others, like H3s come up only every so often. There are still a couple 46s floating around, but they aren't available for selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.