• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advanced atmosphere.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Spin said:
Handjive ...

Funny you should say that cause my buddy just called (he's in Kingsville) right now and he and my other buddy said that it is CRAZY in Kingsville right now. He said they are giving out downs like its in style. Go figure ... things change at the drop of a dime. I'm having a great time in Meridian right now ... but that can change at the drop of a dime too.

I heard that vt-21 handed 13 downs in one week...It was about 4-6 weeks ago. Not sure what has been happening in -22.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good LORD that is crazy . . . one more reason why VT-9 is the way to go . . .:D

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
pilot_man said:
The best thing about flying the -c is that it is a very good precursor to the hornet. Getting used to the VV in advanced is a good thing.
As for Meridian vs. Krock, most people don't spend that much time in Meridian since there are so many places you can drive to and still be inside the liberty limits (Atlanta, New Orleans used to be fun and of course P-cola),

As for the -C helping out in the hornet, nothing about the HUD and velocity vector is cosmic. It took all of two SIMs to figure it out and become HUD crippled like everyone else. With that being said, it could help in some of those early flights in advanced. As far as living conditions, south Texas wasn't my favorite but San Antonio and Austinn are a couple hours away.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
^^ approach turn with instantaneous VSI helps all the time, as well as the planometric line through the waypoint/tacan....

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
I use the VV now in the hornet and was a Kingsville grad. I highly value the "steam" gauge cockpit experience and like montellv said it took like a day to get used to the VV in the HUD. I definitely think flying the A forced me to scan better and actually develop better stick and rudder or flying skills....the hornet is a much easier jet to scan in, obviously, with most info in the HUD but there are other things like radar and stores and stuff to also bring into your scan. A4s would say go to kingsville....

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
I never said that there weren't goods and others at both, but if the C wasn’t a better version than the A, then they wouldn’t have made the C. You transitioned easily, good. I saw others going through the FRS wasting time learning things that the rest of us breezed through. So when the rest of us are learning about the more advanced systems(RDR), others spent time catching up. :icon_devi

Yessir

Hooker
pilot
Im sure its like everything in flight school, some people pick somethings up quicker than others regardless your previous training....

Kingsville has corpus, san antonio, and austin

Meridian has birmingham, memphis, atlanta, new orleans, and p-cola

Its all a matter of what youre looking for........all in all youll get the same out of both places

T37Driver

Lone Warrior
Agree Yessir.

I'm really sick and tired of people fighting about A VS C ...WTF Man? It's like a T-6 grad saying to a T-34 grad; "Well I'm better prepared for advanced cause I flew the T-6 and not the crappy T-34." It won't make a lick of difference I think.
Though I do think those insane AF games and schedules at primary do pay off:icon_wink ...I didn't get to fly the T-6 though. Nothing like knowing when the IP is marking stuff off right next to you in the good ol' Tweet....LOL