• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Adusting 3 mile run time for altitude.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Why would you want to? If you train to sea-level standards at altitude, you'll be better off all around. No?

123Fly

Yeh, but they adjusted for my PFT run time for altitude. I have never heard of this before. Has anyone else had run times adjusted?

cWood30

PLC Sr's Candidate
I'm not sure, but I'll let you know when I go to take my PFT once I get all this paperwork squared away!

Baalzebub

Yah, my OSO was talking about it. I believe he said that the 18 equivelent time in Denver is 19:30. I'm curious how they determine that stuff. I mean, how accurate can a system like that really be, its not the same as adjusting an aircraft power setting for altitude.

Crowbar

None
Marine Corps Orders say the darnedest things.

MCO 6100.12 said:
2201. ALTITUDE 3.0 MILE RUN. Marines permanently assigned or on TAD to locations at or above 4500 feet above sea level will have adjusted run times. The altitude 3.0 mile run point values are contained in appendix H. Commands are directed to provide newly joined Marines a 30-day acclimation period prior to conducting a semi-annual PFT. Marines scheduled to report to a command at altitude in June or December will complete their PFTs prior to reporting.

Appendix H lists the perfect score for a high altitude run time for males at 19:30.

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
YOu get 90 seconds off your runtime for alltitude (denver) but dont count on getting 90 seconds faster once you hit sea level at OCS. Some people go slower, some go faster, i only went 30 seconds faster. So train your balls off, because statistically, you will run slower at your initial at OCS.

UORBulldog

Being at OCS twice and running several PFTs there I wouldnt guarantee that everybody's initial score will be slower than their ship time. I always ran faster on my initial PFT and I know many others that did the same..