• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Adenoid Removal Surgery

SlyJohn

Can adenoid removal surgery be a possible disqualifier in becoming a naval aviator? Would I need a waiver? Thanks!

SlyJohn

I had my adenoids removed when I was around 3. I reported it on my prescreen but was not able to provide documentation because it was so long ago. I passed MEPS and did not require a waiver. I don't think it even came up in the medical history interview.
gotcha, thanks so much. I had mine removed when I was quite young too and didn't think I could get documentation so that's a relief to hear. Are you going for SNA/NFO?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Same. No issues. I had mine pulled when I was 4. No waiver required, just disclose it on your physical paperwork in as few words as possible.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
I also had mine removed as a kid, and didn’t have any documentation. Nobody questioned it, nobody cared. I also had my tonsils removed much later in life. I remember being worried about it too in your shoes, but luckily this one is a non-issue.

kejo

pilot
+1 to the pool of those of us who had them removed young, don't even remember it, and couldn't tell you what an adenoid even does. I think it came up on my initial medical screening and hasn't since.