• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnyb

guys,

got the news yesterday from my recruiter that I've been picked up for supply. I wanted NFO, but I think it's great news that I've been given the opportunity to serve in the US Navy. My OCS date is September 6, 2003.

rhollin1

I'm beggining to get a little discouraged. I REALLY do not want to have to wait until (at least) September to go to OCS. That's if they accept me.

Tessone

Congrats, sonnyb! rhollin1, have you looked into trading OCS times with someone else? When do you hear back about your package?

--
Chris Tessone
http://www.polyglut.net/

rhollin1

That's just it! I haven't completed it yet. I have to do the PRT still. My recruiter said that I could do it as early as Monday. I have completed the following:

Exam (OAR 48)
Medical (blood work & stuff)
PRT (probably mid next week)
Commissioning Application (with motivational statement)

So what else is there left to do?

ghost_ttu

CONGRATS Sonnyb.....If you want that NFO slot I would have your recruiter put the paperwork in to get you switched but atleast this way you have your slot, and you might get switched. How long did your total wait end up being?

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

cman

congrats sonnyb, maybe I'll see ya down there in Sept if I can ever get my waiver to go through.

C

jaznups

Hey rhollin

have you finished all you References?
but other than that it look like you're all ready to go minus small things like
birth certificate and transcript from you college

sonnyb

ghost

i sent in my application September 15..so I had to wait about 3 weeks. I'll give it some thought about switching to NFO

ghost_ttu

I'm just saying that you have nothing to lose, they aren't going to take your supply slot from you. You might even be able to retake your ASTB to better your NFO chances. I'm just saying if you want to be NFO don't give up. You have nothing to lose, only gain....

FlyGirl

Congrats on being accepted and Good luck sonnyb...I'll have to let you guys know what it's like once I go for my OCS in Feb. :) Of course, hopefully by Sept I will be ending API...unless I have stash duties between OCS and API.

ghost_ttu

*grumbles* I'm not liking you much right now FlyGirl
icon_smile_sad.gif

FlyGirl

Ghost what are you worried about? You have more hours of flight time than I do anyhow! In some ways you are actually ahead of me in this....

Status
Not open for further replies.