• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Acceptance Rate of 1-point Waiver

yarles87

I recently took the ASTB and got a score of 5,5,6. I'm applying for the Marine Corps, and I know that score isn't quite hot enough. However, the clock is ticking on OCS for this summer, and I talked to OSO about the 1-point waiver. He is going to put in for it, and I was just curious as to how often that waiver is accepted.

My other stats....

3.2 GPA PoliSci/English
22:30 3mile, 20 pullups, 100 situps
Two years college football, boxing and aikido clubs, polisci club, and a bunch of HS athletics.

Thanks for any help. If I don't get it, I'm going in this summer on a ground contract and will retake the ASTB later to get the right scores and a flight contract.

AJB37

You can retake the astb 30 days after your first time. If I was in your position, I would wait until I retake to submit a package. I got accepted with the same GPA, I was a International Relations/ History major. There is never a guarantee that you'll be able to switch to an air contract even if you get a better score after you commission. If you would be happy as ground then just keep doing your plan. Personally I picked the Marines because if for any reason I couldn't fly I would be happy in any of the ground positions, so you may be a similar case.

yarles87

It was my second test, so I'll have to wait 90 days to take it again. I am confident that I'll do much better the 3rd time, but that would take me out of the running for this summer. Just like you said, I picked the Marine Corps because I would be more than happy with a ground contract...but air would be a dream. I'm doing the PLC program, so the plan is (if I don't get the waiver) is ground for this summer, than retake it and potentially switch contracts.

However, does anyone have experience with waivers on the ASTB?