• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Academic Success Plan

El Duke

Okay, quick overview: I almost within the 30 credit cut-off. I am in school pursuing a dual degree of Computer Science and Mathematics with a minor in Physics. I was reviewing my Academic Success plan and had a question for anyone who has gone through BDCP or a recruiter that knows the ins and outs of BDCP.

If I apply to BDCP next semester (Spring 2010) do I have to include those classes on my Academic Success Plan? Or do I only include the classes that I will be taking while in BDCP (if I am accepted of course)?

The reason I ask is because I will have 6 more semesters (which is within the 36-month requirement) to finish school with a technical degree but the Academic Success plan only has five sections for classes. Kind of confusing so any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I would ask my recruiter but he is very busy with applicants that are already qualified to apply so I do not want to bother him with small stuff like this.

m26

Contributor
I was told:

Include the classes you are taking now (now being the moment the application is in front of the boards) through to graduation.

Ezekiel

Falling, with style
None
Concur, put current courses through graduation on it. If there are only 5 semesters of space, print an extra page.

Word to the wise: be careful what you write on the form and probably try to be a little generalized. I'm in the middle of getting a new one approved just because the exact course I listed won't be offered at the right time to work with other degree requirements.

m26

Contributor
Word to the wise: be careful what you write on the form and probably try to be a little generalized. I'm in the middle of getting a new one approved just because the exact course I listed won't be offered at the right time to work with other degree requirements.

Agreed.

My department doesn't publish course schedules very far in advance, so at this point no one knows what will be offered. My recruiter had me simply put "Area II distribution requirement," etc. Hopefully it will reduce pain later.

BUDU

Concur, put current courses through graduation on it. If there are only 5 semesters of space, print an extra page.

I have to do that too. One of the courses my adviser and I thought would be offered next semester...wasn't. I'm taking a different one that fulfills the same requirement, but I still have to notify my recruiter. Should probably get on that. :eek:

blarged

ready
I put in course numbers but put an asterisk by the "technical elective" and wrote in at the bottom that the technical elective is required, but that specific course is not a requirement.

That seemed to work out fine for me.

jl08

pilot
I know that this has already been answered but just print out an extra page two in order to have enough room to fit all of your classes. My recruiter had me list all classes that I have taken as well as those needed to graduate. This is probably overkill but I would rather list too much than not enough.

As far as the technical electives were concerned I just put: Technical elective or design elective without any course number. I'm sure you can do it either way but this gives you a little more freedom and it didn't keep me from getting selected.