• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ab cramping/I am an idiot

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Haha, so as I mentioned in my BDCP post from a couple weeks ago I decided to retake my PRT. I had an overall Good High (passing all events) on the first one. I did better on this one, but I am laughing at my stupidity at the moment.... Last night when I was looking at PRT scales I must have looked at an old one or the wrong one because I thought max for Male/21 was 104 curl ups. At 104, I stopped. I left and went to work and checked... its 105. I could be wrong and maybe I did 105, but I am pretty sure it was 104. Pretty dumb mistake :(

Anyways though, my question is: What do you guys do to help eliminate ab cramping for the run? When I run normally (non-PRT) I dont have much of a problem with it, but after doing all those curl ups and push ups I get pretty painful cramps on the run. That is why I stopped at 104 with time to spare (no point in doing over max only to get worse cramps and hurt my run further). Does anyone have any good suggestions for ways to help reduce/eliminate that??

Thanks all, once again.

pdx

HSM Pilot
One solution would be to do situps before you run when you train. You will do them that way every training session in OCS.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
If it is ab cramping....gotta agree with the other posters who say to do a few crunches before the run.

Could also be that you are a bit low on either sodium (unlikely) or potassium. Might also be wise to include a banana and some gatorad/sportaid before you do the PRT.

Do you have any associated stomach distress?