• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AA flight diverts due to farting

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=40210

Flatulence brought 99 passengers on an American Airlines flight to an unscheduled visit to Nashville early Monday morning.

American Flight 1053, from Washington Reagan National Airport and bound for Dallas/Fort Worth, made an emergency landing here after passengers reported smelling struck matches, said Lynne Lowrance, a spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority.

The plane landed safely. The FBI, Transportation Safety Administration and airport authority responded to the emergency, Lowrance said.

The passengers and five crew members were brought off the plane, together with all the luggage, to go through security checks again. Bomb-sniffing dogs found spent matches.

The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an attempt to conceal body odor, Lowrance said. The woman lives near Dallas and has a medical condition.

The flight took off again, but the woman was not allowed back on the plane.

"American has banned her for a long time," Lowrance said.

She was not charged but could have been. While it is legal to bring as many as four books of paper safety matches onto an aircraft, it is illegal to strike a match in an airplane, Lowrance said.

BrianUSMC

A closed mouth gathers no feet.
pilot
that is too funny... all i have to say is, thank God i have a mask on during the climb some days! :eek:

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...Flatulence brought 99 passengers on an American Airlines flight to an unscheduled visit to Nashville ......
Piece of cake. American Airlines is a bunch of pussies.

Try hauling 175 ... that's 175 pregnant .... that's pregnant .... Holsteins to Taiwan on the 747 freighter ... when you've done THAT .... then come back and talk to me about .... "flatulence" ... :eek: ... if you are still conscious.

holsteinsed4.jpg

MasterBates

Ok, so this is morphing into a "what is the strangest cargo/ordnance you have carried" thread.

Mine, Geraldo Rivera. I wanted the crew chief to chuck him into the 9th ward.....

Snacks

Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!!!
Ok, so this is morphing into a "what is the strangest cargo/ordnance you have carried" thread.

Mine, Geraldo Rivera. I wanted the crew chief to chuck him into the 9th ward.....

Should have been easy enough. Probably wouldn't have had consequences... :D

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
How else are we able to mask our odors when the "MAN" won't let aerosols or matches on board? If we give up these freedoms to prevent us from having to smell other people then the terrorists surely will win!!!!:D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
How else are we able to mask our odors when the "MAN" won't let aerosols or matches on board? ....
That's EASY .... EVERYONE in the cockpit gets curry chicken w/rice at the HNL noodle shop prior to manning up for the leg to Tokyo .... the best defense is ALWAYS a good "offense". :)

The rest of the maddening crowd will have to fend for themselves ... why do you think the cockpit is in the FRONT of the A/C, anyway .... ???

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How else are we able to mask our odors when the "MAN" won't let aerosols or matches on board? If we give up these freedoms to prevent us from having to smell other people then the terrorists surely will win!!!!:D

That's just it. Unless you're making audible farts, the commercial aircraft is the great equalizer. Flatulent anonymity. :D

Brett