• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AA after DEMOB

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
I heard scuttlebutt that an RC member returning from a MOB can receive AA for up to 6 months. Does anyone know the instruction where this is referenced? I have searched but have come up empty.

snake020

Contributor
COMNAVRESFORINST 3060.7 para 4.2.b.2: "COMNAVRESFORCOM permits the maximum use of authorized absences (4 months, extendable to 6 in accordance with RESPERSMAN article 1570-010) to allow RC Sailors time to reintegrate into their civilian employment and family)."

RESPERSMAN 1570-010 para 13.b.1: "Demobilized Sailors shall be offered a 4 month AA period. AA period post mobilization may be extended up to 6 months. Sailors who desire to use this option are required to submit a Special Request Authorization, NAVPERS 1336/3, via their chain of command to the unit CO for approval and are also required to sign an AA NAVPERS 1070/613, Administrative Remarks."

Attachments

• COMNAVRESFORINST 3060.7D.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 1570-010 (IDT Administration).pdf
    96.8 KB · Views: 1

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Or you could do the smart option and just reschedule all those drills out when you get back from MOB. Suitcase your readiness stuff (which you have to anyway), and then at the end of the six months, just power drill and not lose the points/money. I'm sure the NOSC or your unit can find some way to make you useful. Did it for four months of school post-MOB myself . . . technique only.