• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A Specific FAA Military Competency Question

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Did a cursory search, but gave up sifting through all the different "try this site" and "here's some gouge, but not sure if it's right" stuff.

I'm looking for gouge to take the FAA Military Competency Exam. Commercial, multi-engine, centerline thrust only (I'm a winged jet guy, so apparently these are the ratings I qualify for). NOT helo, NOT private pilot's exam, etc.

Can anyone post a link or PM me gouge for this test specifically?

Let's keep this thread short and to the point (and then lock it up). Thanks everyone!

v/r,
AB76

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I think the Private Pilots comes with it. I took the mil comp exam and ended up with a Comm / MEL, SEL, Instrument and a Private Pilots license.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
You won't get a Private Pilot Certificate if you get a Commercial Pilot Certificate.
There might be another FAR that explains this better, but part 61.133(a) says that a holder of a commercial cert may act as PIC of an aircraft... [for hire/compensation, etc]. It doesn't mean you shall act as PIC for hire, etc. As far as I understand it, a commercial certificate includes all of the privileges of a private certificate.

Also, being a jet guy, you'll have the turbojet rating on there, too.

As a helo guy, mine says:
Commercial Pilot
Airplane Single Engine Land, Rotorcraft - Helicopter
Instrument Helicopter

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Has anyone checked the coastalbend gouge for errors? I came across this question, and it seems a bit odd that the given answer (marked with an asterisk) would be almost an hour AFTER sunset. Shouldn't the correct answer be 1859, not 1959?

031. (32.) A20 COM
If a pilot does not meet the recency of experience requirements for night flight and official sunset is 1900 CST, the latest
time passengers should be carried is
A. 1800 CST.
B. 1900 CST.
*C. 1959 CST.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Has anyone checked the coastalbend gouge for errors? I came across this question, and it seems a bit odd that the given answer (marked with an asterisk) would be almost an hour AFTER sunset. Shouldn't the correct answer be 1859, not 1959?

031. (32.) A20 COM
If a pilot does not meet the recency of experience requirements for night flight and official sunset is 1900 CST, the latest
time passengers should be carried is
A. 1800 CST.
B. 1900 CST.
*C. 1959 CST.

The rule is 1 hour before sunrise and 1 hour after sunset

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Reportedly there are errors in that gouge, but that's not one of them. Use it as a question database, not an answer sheet.

ryan1234

You won't get a Private Pilot Certificate if you get a Commercial Pilot Certificate.
There might be another FAR that explains this better, but part 61.133(a) says that a holder of a commercial cert may act as PIC of an aircraft... [for hire/compensation, etc]. It doesn't mean you shall act as PIC for hire, etc. As far as I understand it, a commercial certificate includes all of the privileges of a private certificate.

Also, being a jet guy, you'll have the turbojet rating on there, too.

As a helo guy, mine says:
Commercial Pilot
Airplane Single Engine Land, Rotorcraft - Helicopter
Instrument Helicopter

You're exactly right....

Now, you can have a Commercial Certicate AMEL with ASEL 'private privliges'.

The turbojet/heavy aircraft thing is a specific type rating... a friend of mine just finished UPT in the T-1... he got a BE400/MU300 type rating.

and you're also right the FAA does not issue pilot licenses, they issue certificates - The JAA issues licenses (which expire and need to be renewed).

to the OP:

http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/

There should be a link to airman knowledge questions for content... if I'm not mistaken the MCA is more about the FAR specific questions. This link has the whole test bank questions/answers - so you'll have to look for the Commercial FAR section test bank. Hope it helps.

Sheppard Air has some resources:

http://www.sheppardair.com/milcomp.htm

HuggyU2

None
I highly recommend Sheppard Air. No one follows the tests as close as these folks. They constantly update, and make your studying as painless as possible.

SMILE4BULLETS

AB76,

The CB gouge is good to go. After finishing Multi's in CC I took the exam before coming back to P'cola for Helos. Just use the database as a "guided discussion" to direct your studies. I dug in the FAR/AIM a little bit and passed. I have a buddy who studied the gouge only and passed as well. Anyways, bottom line I ended up with Comm cert., MEL, SEL, Inst. Airplane, Rotorcraft helicopter, and BE200 type rating. PM me if you have any questions. It was a pretty straightforward test.

kinnickmutt

i just heard from a buddy that the "currency" requirement for military pilots ended a couple months ago. for example, a rotary guy can get a fixed wing private license even though he hasnt flown fixed in a couple years. i was also wondering if there is somewhere in the norfolk area that offers a milcomp exam?

gotta_fly

pilot
Does anyone still have the Coastal Bend gouge saved locally? I can't get any of the links to work and am taking the test tomorrow. Thanks.

Also on an unrelated note, does anyone have any firsthand experience with Cruise Aviation in Norman, OK?

gotta_fly

pilot
My bad, should have googled a little harder. If anyone needs it in the future, the old gouge is still hosted by our friends in blue at Baseops.net.

Link

yodaears

pilot
I highly recommend Sheppard Air. No one follows the tests as close as these folks. They constantly update, and make your studying as painless as possible.

Amen to this. These guys must have an "in" with the FAA test maker if there is a such thing. Great service.