• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A Long-Overdue Introduction

UW MIDN 2013

Complacency kills.
I am a newly registered member of the airwarriors forum, though I am guilty of lurking on this forum for roughly one year now. I've never registered on a forum before, but I will use this as a resource for some valuable career gouge.

So, a bit about me:

I was raised in a Navy family, and spent the first 10 years of my life bouncing around from base to base--Pensacola, Jacksonville, etc--because my father flew SH-60B's. I moved to Texas with my Mom after my parents separated, and have spent much of my time in Austin, as well as Corpus Christi as a child.

Aviation has always been a goal of mine, and I worked hard throughout high school to pick up a NROTC scholarship. I picked up an ISR scholarship in my junior year of high school, and spent my senior year keeping my nose clean and accumulating 30-odd credit hours of college credit.

I received my first choice assignment to the NROTC unit at University of Wisconsin-Madison, and will be heading up for NSO on August 22nd. I have lurked long enough to know what I need to excel at to be a competitive candidate for Naval Aviation (in terms of the equation factoring PRT, Major "Tier", GPA, and "Needs of the Navy," among other things) and I plan on working hard to make myself viable.

I'm looking forward to getting out on my own, meeting some personal goals, and becoming a Naval Officer.

If you have any feedback, general advice to make myself an outstanding midshipman at my unit, or just want to extend a greeting, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

UW MIDN

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Graduate, shoot for at least straight 6's on the ASTB, don't be fat, enjoy college, stay out of trouble.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
UW MIDN,

Welcome to the website, and glad to see that you took the time to register. Even better, congrats on getting picked up for an NROTC scholarship at UW. I think you have already captured many of the "lessons learned" and advice to many of the college Naval Aviation aspirants. Just like you have already, set those goals and meet or exceed them. And along the way ENJOY your time in college :) There are quite a few winged guys and gals on here that started out registering on the forum just like you, and are out flying Fleet tours. Best of luck!

+1, awesome first post.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am a newly registered member of the airwarriors forum, though I am guilty of lurking on this forum for roughly one year now. I've never registered on a forum before, but I will use this as a resource for some valuable career gouge.

So, a bit about me:

I was raised in a Navy family, and spent the first 10 years of my life bouncing around from base to base--Pensacola, Jacksonville, etc--because my father flew SH-60B's. I moved to Texas with my Mom after my parents separated, and have spent much of my time in Austin, as well as Corpus Christi as a child.

Aviation has always been a goal of mine, and I worked hard throughout high school to pick up a NROTC scholarship. I picked up an ISR scholarship in my junior year of high school, and spent my senior year keeping my nose clean and accumulating 30-odd credit hours of college credit.

I received my first choice assignment to the NROTC unit at University of Wisconsin-Madison, and will be heading up for NSO on August 22nd. I have lurked long enough to know what I need to excel at to be a competitive candidate for Naval Aviation (in terms of the equation factoring PRT, Major "Tier", GPA, and "Needs of the Navy," among other things) and I plan on working hard to make myself viable.

I'm looking forward to getting out on my own, meeting some personal goals, and becoming a Naval Officer.

If you have any feedback, general advice to make myself an outstanding midshipman at my unit, or just want to extend a greeting, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

UW MIDN

+1 to Web San. Now that's the way a first post ought to look! Welcome (officially) aboard, my friend. :D

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Ditto to above and above ... 'cept I got all excited when I read "UW" and surmised 'Washington' as I went on 1/Class cruise w/ a guy from that 'other UW' -- who had the same name as myself -- is it déjà vu all over again ?? .... oh, well ... :)

Your first post leads one to the conclusion that you appear to have your head screwed on straight, and that's a BIG plus.

Now keep your head on a swivel and you'll do well ...
:icon_mi_6