• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A Different Path

Dear All,

Some of you may remember me from '07 when I was on here asking all kinds of questions about the Corps and Naval Aviation. I remember there having been a reply to a OCS thread from a guy who dropped out and came back to say so, instead of just disappearing. So here I am doing the same. In those days I was bound and determined to to become a Marine and a Naval Aviator. At that time the idea of becoming a Catholic priest was something to fall back on after earning the EGA and wings of gold.

Three years later and much time in prayer and meditation later, I am a different path. On September 5th, 2010, four days after my 18th birthday, I am joining the Fathers of Mercy, a congregation of missionary priest. Instead of 10 weeks of OCS, I'll have 6 months of Postulancy, after which I'll receive the habit Instead of 6 months of TBS, I'll have a year of Novitiate, after which I'll receive the Order's badge. From there I will go to school for six years to earn a Master of Divinity and be ordained a deacon and then a priest. The year before I am ordained a deacon I'll take Perpetual Vows of Poverty, Chastity, and Obedience. After that I will spend some time in a parish, before shipping out to my mission, wherever my superiors may chose to send me. At least that is the plan. They can kick me out or I can leave at almost anytime up until Final Vows.

So though I will not have the pleasure of becoming a Marine officer, I will become an officer in the spiritual sense. Plus, I'll still have a uniform, mandatory PT, barracks, and superiors. God-willing, one day maybe I'll be able to serve as a Navy Chaplain assigned to the Marines.

So to all those of you who are serving in the Armed Forces of these United States, I salute you and I thank you. Please, know that you are in my prayers each and every day. May God bless you and may Mary be your Queen.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You have to follow your calling, Whether it's the Priesthood or a Commission. I'm sure you have thought about it for a long time. I wish you the best of luck!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Good luck in whatever you do, looks like you've thought long and hard about the path you want to follow.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You have to follow your calling, Whether it's the Priesthood or a Commission. I'm sure you have thought about it for a long time. I wish you the best of luck!

Amen to that (pun intended)! Good luck in your new career path.:sing_125:
BzB

Thanks for all of your support.

So SOG did not end up shiv'ing someone?

(it had to be said)

MasterBates out of all the guys on here I remembered you and was expecting you to say something of that nature. I moved up in the world and bought a throwing knife and a tomahawk. I still have yet to take advantage of the reactive targets know commonly as cats.

Becoming a chaplain is a very real possibility, though I'm not exactly thrilled about not being able to be a Marine, wear Dress Blues, carry a sword, or be a combatant.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Becoming a chaplain is a very real possibility, though I'm not exactly thrilled about not being able to be a Marine, wear Dress Blues, carry a sword, or be a combatant.

You get two all white getups and SDBs. Not exactly crappy uniforms...

You get two all white getups and SDBs. Not exactly crappy uniforms...

I'm not saying that they are. It's just that since I was little I wanted to be able to wear a set of DBs like my dad. Then when in my early teens I decided that I wanted to one up my old man and get a set of officer's Blues, I set my heart on it. I'm sure that once I get a uniform of my own I'll be proud of it and try to wear it with the dignity and honor becoming of any officer, regardless of branch. Thanks again.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for all of your support.

MasterBates out of all the guys on here I remembered you and was expecting you to say something of that nature. I moved up in the world and bought a throwing knife and a tomahawk. I still have yet to take advantage of the reactive targets know commonly as cats.

Speaking of combatants:

http://www.military.com/news/article/army-chaplain-is-first-kia-since-1970.html?ESRC=eb.nl

BTW...Debbie and were married by a LCOL Ret, US Army...Chaplain Corp...on 09/11/01. Harry (and I) were just a little more to the "right" than Attila...