• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A decent barber in Kingsville?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
Maybe this is an odd post for the jet forum, but can any of you Kingsville bubbas recommend a decent barber out in town?

I just went to the one on base for my second (and last) haircut there. Probably one of my worst cuts ever... Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice shame on me. :)

NavyOCS

The "Hanger" outside NAS Corpus in Flour Bluff is awsome! I know thats kinda out of the way and not a whole lot of help, but its worth mentioning if you ever go to corpus.

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
I hear good things about JD's. I'll probably head out there tomorrow, so I can let ya know better then.

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
I had to wait for my hair to grow in again, but I finally went to Joe's and they did an awsome job. For my fellow Marine bubbas, they'll use a norelco on the back and sides for a nice tight cut.

I would highly recommend them. It's a tiny shop on 14th street, just past Ceasar Ave on the right (if you are heading away from base).

I also had a few friends get cut at JD's and they were both happy.

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
Whatever you do, DON'T GET YOUR HAIR CUT ON BASE. Even if you're in a hurry and don't think you have time to go elsewhere. For the Marines out there, risk being nasty for one more day rather than going on base. That is, unless ya'll like your hair longer on the sides than on the top...

Status
Not open for further replies.