• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

777 in the news for dumping fuel on an elementary school

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
60 patients treated including at least 20 kids. Fire comms quoted in the article seem to say that the crew declared an emergency for a compressor stall, which seems to jibe with the pax they interviewed. Article actually does a very good job of explaining the rationale behind when/where fuel is to be dumped and when the PIC can/should make the "good judgement" exception in extremis.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
I learned the hard way back in the day that this stuff is the best for removing JP from your skin. Don't use the stuff with pumice. Learned that one the hard way.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
While not as bad as gas, a couple months ago, one of the fire bombers was taking off from the airport where I work and had their cargo door that holds the agent open in flight. The airport manager said he went down to the dump site and every one and every thing was just covered in red dust and the local 'necks were just standing there in shock.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, Gloria Allred is involved. TBH though, if whatever EP they were experiencing meant that they had the ability to dump in a location that reduced the risk of fuel reaching the ground, and they just blew it off, they're going to get cornholed in court.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Pretty sure the pilots will be fine. Captain can just say he used his emergency authority to do what he deemed necessary to land safely. Allred and the people looking for a payday can fuck off. I’m sure Delta will settle though.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Just released. Whew! Now I know what to do with my jet fuel soaked McLaren.

How do I remove jet fuel from my car?
The vehicle should be taken to a car wash for cleaning

Attachments

• Jet Fuel Release FAQs.pdf
    82.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited: