• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

6.5 Grendel ... on an AR platform ???

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Grendel Inc. is, but Alexander Arms is still in business.

I wouldn't buy a 6.5 Grendel a.k.a. ".264 Warrior Magnum" cuz it looks funny ;) !

65Grendelx300.jpg

gemihur

Shootist
Alexander Arms is alive and well, presently operating out of the Radford Arsenal but planning expansion outside Dublin VA.
6.5 Grendel ballistics are more than awesome. Heavy loads (140gr.) at hunting ranges are gamestoppers for sure.
My buddy coerced me to start a build on an AR. Spinta Precision been running sales on barrels, and Anderson upper and lower seemed affordable.
After $637 dollars invested we assembled what you see (attached)
Modeled after Les Baer's ultimate 6.5 Grendel at far less the investment.
A welding buddy helped build the forearm from some 2" stainless and and an extra jam nut.
... a little heavier than I would have wanted but the recoil is greatly reduced.
I use RP 7.62x39 brass and run it through the 6.5 Grendel FL resize/decapping die and it works great. Hint: sm. rifle primer recommended (less brisance).
A great piece of equipment. AR 3.jpg

gemihur

Shootist
No it will not die! Back in '09 Bill Alexander was just getting started. With the release of all the AR optiions of ammo, 7.62x39, 300BLK (stolen from J.D.Jones), the 6.8SPC, 450Bushmaster, 50Beowolf, and the 6.5Grendel the choices have become nearly endless. Yes, the 6.8 was heralded as the end all and produced and marketed more effectively. Study the ballistics and there is only one logical decision, the Grendel!
Like the Highlander, in the end, there can be only one.
see Melensdad entry, fourth down: http://ingunowners.com/forums/long-guns/251101-ar-6-5-grendel-vs-5-56-vs-300-aac-blackout-4.html