• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

30% off for active duty from Benchmade knives

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
If you send them a copy of your ID card, they will sell you one of their automatic knives. Assuming you pay them enough.....

http://www.benchmade.com/

They had a booth at a trade show in Reno this week. Nice folks and very nice knives.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Probably dumb question, but are automatic knives legal in CA? My understanding is No. What about RI, FL?

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
OK, maybe another dumb question, but which knife (knives) are on special and where does it say military gets 30% off.

Steve

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
http://benchmadeforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/638106573/m/7711046372?r=7711046372#7711046372

Benchmade replied to the thread saying that the discount is 30% and requires a copy of your ID.

Taken from the FAQ (regarding my question)
--------------------------
LEGAL ISSUES

Q. How do I, as a private citizen purchase an Automatic knife from Benchmade™? I don't agree with Benchmade's Automatic knife policy and repair policy.
A. Benchmade Knife Company, Inc. follows guidelines outlined in the Federal Codes, which prohibit us to ship Automatic knife(s) to anyone other than Active Military and Law Enforcement. To qualify, you must submit via Fax, Mailed, or Scanned Email Attachment, your active duty photo ID. We do not make any exceptions to this Law, which is not applicable to Oregon Residents.

As much as I would like to believe that, I still can see local PD going ape**** over someone having ANY knife on them, let alone an automatic.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
:eek: I saw a nice knife...then I saw the $430 price tag...:eek:

goodeye-c.gif

SMILE4BULLETS

ok, so im just a 2nd LT so what do I know, but is it a good idea to be scanning your military ID and mailing it to every Tom, Dick, and Harry?