• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

3 year marine

sanders

If I was to apply for a 2 or 3 year Marine scholarship, could I still request specifications in the Marine Corps? I know in 4 year scholarships you can get a guaranteed spot in flight school. Also, although aviation is not out of the question I probably don't want to fly. Is there a way I could be guaranteed a slot for another job? Also, say I get the scholarship (no aviation guarantee) and I then choose that I do want to go aviation, can I transfer over and be guaranteed aviation before OCS and TBS? Thanks

pjxc415

pilot
sanders said:
If I was to apply for a 2 or 3 year Marine scholarship, could I still request specifications in the Marine Corps? I know in 4 year scholarships you can get a guaranteed spot in flight school. Also, although aviation is not out of the question I probably don't want to fly. Is there a way I could be guaranteed a slot for another job? Also, say I get the scholarship (no aviation guarantee) and I then choose that I do want to go aviation, can I transfer over and be guaranteed aviation before OCS and TBS? Thanks

There is no difference between a 3 yr and 4 yr scholarship except for how much the government pays for your education. No midshipmen in nrotc comes in contracted on aviation or anything else for that matter. you have to first off get accepted into the program, and after you have been in for one year you can put in a package for a guaranteed aviation contract. PLC and OCC guys are the ones who go into the program specifically contracted as either air or ground. And there is no guarantee for any other MOS either. Your MOS selection, if you do not get an aviation or law contract, is determined by your rank at TBS.