• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25 Pages of ASTB STUDY MATERIAL/NOTES

DukeDevil

Hey everyone, I'm taking the ASTB a second and last time tomorrow and I'd just like to thank everyone here again for all the help. I've come across A LOT of material in my time studying including a number of books and notes I had from when I got my private pilot's license. I found the best way to cram a ridiculous amount of knowledge is to write it all out down and so I have typed out approximately 25 pgs of just about all the aviation/nautical information and more that people have recommended for studying (these are notes I have collected which should be used for the purpose of study and not reproduction since a lot of the material Im sure has been copyrighted). Check out the attachment to this post and let me know what you think, if it's helpful or if its missing anything. I hope this helps all of you as much as it has helped me and I just wanted to give something back to you guys for making my life a whole lot easier with this forum. Good luck to you all and I'll let you all know how I do tomorrow!

Attachments

• ASTB Aviation-Nautical Notes.doc
    341.5 KB · Views: 818

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Except for navigation and use of the whizz-wheel, studying that will pretty much get yo through the private written and some of the instrument written. Quite comprehensive. Now don't suck at the rest of the test tomorrow.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Good luck. Rep points for sharing good material. Maybe we should add it to a sticky somewhere?

jwads

Really good material...I wish I had it last week when I took the test. I guess I'll forgive you for liking duke.

TERPS in 2008

DukeDevil

Navy founded

Yeah, i fixed that in another copy, sorry. Navy was founded 13 OCT 1775. The other date is when congress officially recognized the navy as the US Navy, but I guess the question they want to know on the exam is when the actual Navy (Continental Navy) was born.

On a separate note, I JUST got back from the exam and I took Form 3 this time (I took Form 5 the first time). My scores the first time were 6/6/6 50 and I just got 7/9/8 68 the second time so my package is going in ASAP for the August boards. So, if making that study guide helped me, I hope it will help you guys. Thanks again to everyone here for all the help and support, I'll be sure to let you all know when I found out in August. Good luck to everyone!