• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24Jan2022 SNA/SNFO Board

Antman411

OCS Applicant
I’ve been waiting for the Navy to release the board schedule but glad to see someone has the info! Time to start studying for theATSB again

willmur

Thanks man! I just started the process of getting my package together but I'm moving quickly. I'm hoping I can meet this deadline.

Kyle42

This got posted in the November board thread. We might be waiting some time boys:(

Attachments

• FY22 Board Schedule Approved 18OCT2021.pdf
    148.4 KB · Views: 724

willmur

Is there any chance there are still boards being held outside this list? I can't imagine OP's recruiter would just pull a random date out of thin air.

Jstalz

My recruiter also told me that there would be a January 2022 SNA board, but he did not give me a specific date and said the application deadline would be in December. Pretty vague...

exNavyOffRec

Is there any chance there are still boards being held outside this list? I can't imagine OP's recruiter would just pull a random date out of thin air.

The only board date that was set in CY 22 was CEC for 24 Jan, he was probably just making a guess based on past years which for years would have been a good guess, however COVID is still having an effect.

The other thing is the hard goals appear to have come out which allows them to make adjustments, so that is probably an issue as well.

There is a chance they could add a board, there is also a chance I could win the lottery on Saturday, but don't count on either of those things happening.

Jstalz

The only board date that was set in CY 22 was CEC for 24 Jan, he was probably just making a guess based on past years which for years would have been a good guess, however COVID is still having an effect.

The other thing is the hard goals appear to have come out which allows them to make adjustments, so that is probably an issue as well.

There is a chance they could add a board, there is also a chance I could win the lottery on Saturday, but don't count on either of those things happening.

So to you it seems like a board won't meet until August?

I was at my recruiter's office yesterday and a recruiter there who is not my recruiter but who is a NFO that has been trying to convince me to apply for NFO told me that most the SNA slots are about filled for the year. At first I thought he was just saying that so that I would go for NFO, but I'm not sure. Would that be a reason for the board not meeting for a while?

I'm planning on just applying for SNA. Thanks.

exNavyOffRec

So to you it seems like a board won't meet until August?

I was at my recruiter's office yesterday and a recruiter there who is not my recruiter but who is a NFO that has been trying to convince me to apply for NFO told me that most the SNA slots are about filled for the year. At first I thought he was just saying that so that I would go for NFO, but I'm not sure. Would that be a reason for the board not meeting for a while?

I'm planning on just applying for SNA. Thanks.
The schedule says May, so until told otherwise there will be a board in May.

There are still 146 SNA spots for FY 22 and 116 SNFO spots for FY 22, the May board will be primarily for FY 23 so it really doesn't matter how many SNA spots are taken for FY 22.

I have called three different officer recruiters in three different areas because my recruiter said all pilot boards were closed for FY22 and I was in denial. One said there was a board 10 December, another said January, and another said May/June/July. Why this damn inconsistency?

Jettingaway

I have called three different officer recruiters in three different areas because my recruiter said all pilot boards were closed for FY22 and I was in denial. One said there was a board 10 December, another said January, and another said May/June/July. Why this damn inconsistency?

I'm sticking with what I've been told of this is the next board after being pushed from the November board that just happened. My recruiter said I am "officially submitted and pushed to 24January22" This was after NRC posted the FY22 board scheduled too.

I'm sticking with what I've been told of this is the next board after being pushed from the November board that just happened. My recruiter said I am "officially submitted and pushed to 24January22" This was after NRC posted the FY22 board scheduled too.

I really hope you're right. I've been preparing for the ASTB for 3 months now and having the boards be canceled would be crushing.