• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24 July OCS 2022

ramo3

hey, just got word from my recruiter I've been selected and wanted to start a thread for the class for this date! if anyone has any questions or information for this class, we can use this thread or start a groupme, whatever works.

Knots

Hey guys so I was just wondering what your stats were and advice for applying for navy intel in the future. I am graduating from university soon and want to be an intel officer,
I have had internships in intel one domestic and one overseas with a U.S ally (environmental intel). Intel is competitive and just wanted to get a feel for what I'm going up against (bc I know I am not the most qualified).

Hey guys so I was just wondering what your stats were and advice for applying for navy intel in the future. I am graduating from university soon and want to be an intel officer,
I have had internships in intel one domestic and one overseas with a U.S ally (environmental intel). Intel is competitive and just wanted to get a feel for what I'm going up against (bc I know I am not the most qualified).

For intel specifically, you'll get a better response posting in the threads for the intel boards in the above section.

That being said I was picked up for intel with a 69 OAR, 3.2 undergrad GPA, and a 4.0 GPA for my master's. Neither of my degrees were in STEM, but they were related to intelligence and national security. No prior service or intel work experience.

The general consensus I got from looking through threads when I applied was that you need at least a 60 OAR and a 3.5 GPA to be competitive. Having a master's or STEM degree may help you out if your GPA is a little weak, but ideally, you'd want to be as far above these marks as possible.

Edit: Here is a thread from 2020 with a lot of stats of intel applicants (1830) and some good info from people who know way more than me. Letters of recommendation aren't required anymore (or at least they weren't for me) but you can still send them in. Appraisals and interviews seem to just be for active duty applicants.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nil