• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20th august 2005

DownWithTheCube

I'll be there too

Hey,
I'll be down there too for the Aug 22 class. I did fine of the PRT, not as well as I would like, but who ever does. Getting a little nervous as well, especially with the swimming, not to mention my curl ups have never been that great ~70, what can I say I used to only be able to do 20. At least we can all be nervous together and try and help each other keep on pushing. Someone else already said it, but I think it was great advice. All we have to do is jump in and have a strong will to survive. I'll see you guys in Pensecola.
Enjoy the last week and a half.

treybert1

You've got the right attitude about it all. Keep pushing each other to do your best, but don't be a cheerleader (at least not in front of the DIs...some of them really hate that, but cheerleaders often lead to some good laughs at their own expense). During the first week, get all the sleep you can. Don't worry so much about making everything perfect....it won't matter that first week. Just keep pushing water (you'll need it) and sound off as much as possible. I didn't have a voice for about the first 3 weeks. If you have any questions or just want some advice, feel free to ask. I won't tell everything b/c some of it you just have to find out for yourself, but I'll help out the best I can. Good luck!

Ironnads

Save yourselves while you still can. Gysgt Griffith will slay all of your asses. You have no chance. Don't even bother to show up.

treybert1

Haha, I think it's a little too late for saving themselves. GySgt Griffith is no picnic (he shadowed our class DI, GySgt Fowler. However, no DI is going to be taking pity on anyone. Just push when it's time to push and do what you're told. You're going to the grass every day for one reason or another, so take what comes to you. Go chow hall to chow hall, then week by week. Man, memories....fun stuff.

treybert1

We used to call Grif, Hecht, and Fowler the Sniper Mafia...nothing beats those sniper DIs. They're also the funniest (when you're not the ones getting slain in the grass). Good times!!

treybert1

They're all extremely funny...but not while you're the one being thrashed in the grass. Or the SUYA for that matter.