• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2021 Prior Service Age Waivers for SNA

JoeBob1788

Hello all, I apologize if I’m missing the easy resource but I’m having a heck of a time finding any info on age waivers with the new pilot age limit being 32. Couldn’t find the updated 1420.1, and thought I’d ask here before bugging the OCM. Does anyone have any info or experience on this?

Personal info: 8 years AD, currently an EOD1, BA (2.9 GPA), evals are MPs and EPs, JSOQ, good deployments/awards/FLOCs/LORs. I got my PPL in high school. Besides my GPA, my possible non-starter is I’m 32, and will be 33 by the time the board meets. Thanks for any insight!

JoeBob1788

Thank you, that certainly helps!
Long story short, I’ve always wanted to fly or do special operations. Special operations has been great, but I accomplished what I wanted to do, and that love of flying has never gone away. While I’d like to try for pilot, I’m planning on pursuing EOD officer if it doesn’t work out. My dad was 30 years NFO, and 2 brothers are EOD officers, so I do feel like I have a good grasp of the paths before me, and I feel like they’re all pretty great options.

KremPaps

I turned 32 last June and got an age waiver approved and selected for SNA on the Aug 3 board. Also prior service. Still waiting for an OCS date so at this point I'll be 33 by the time I graduate OCS and they don't seem to care. There doesn't seem to be any established guidelines on age waivers yet as far as my recruiter could tell, it seems to be on a case by case basis but who knows. It's 100% worth submitting an age waiver request to see what happens.

JoeBob1788

I turned 32 last June and got an age waiver approved and selected for SNA on the Aug 3 board. Also prior service. Still waiting for an OCS date so at this point I'll be 33 by the time I graduate OCS and they don't seem to care. There doesn't seem to be any established guidelines on age waivers yet as far as my recruiter could tell, it seems to be on a case by case basis but who knows. It's 100% worth submitting an age waiver request to see what happens.
Exactly the first hand insight I was hoping for, thanks and good luck!