• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2020 Ammo Sitch

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Saw this today:

I've also noticed in the last week or so, 9mm ball prices seem to be plateauing at ~60-some cents/round at multiple vendors for multiple makes. Hopefully it's just a blip and supply will slowly come back by summer.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not bringing politics into it, but do we think ammo and firearms will get cheaper and more available in 2021?

I am thinking about a Glock 19X, Sig P320-M17/18, and/or Walther P22 Q FDE.
Dunno, but I'll wholeheartedly endorse the M17. As previously discussed on this forum, I've got carny hands, and I utterly hated the piece of FOD that was/is the M9. The DA trigger pull is flat-out obscene and borderline unsafe. The controls are all just out of reach without breaking my shooting grip. And that damned European safety works ass-backwards from the way God and His prophet John Moses Browning intended a pistol safety to operate.

Fast forward to about 11 months ago when I got my hands on my personal M17. Trigger is very nice for a striker-fired pistol. Not quite as crisp as the Glock, but close. Grip ergonomics are sublime, and I'm a medium, so there's plenty of room on either side for both small females and those of you who have too much Neanderthal DNA. The safety is perfectly positioned to work the way a safety is supposed to, and all the controls are usable either with your shooting hand or off hand, depending on your hand size.

I still like the P229 I've shot for over 12 years. But I like the M17 better. Now if I could just find some damn 9mm ammo . . . ?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Couple of other plugs for the P320, it's fully ambidextrous (convertible at home) and it's about 3 minutes of work to replace the trigger with a flat one.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
+1 on M17 Full Size. Great trigger for a striker fired gun. You will see this everywhere in US .mil - I think its the last centerfire metallic cartridge pistol the US will have in service until caseless ammo. Will surely rival 1911 for service life.

But there really are no bad choices right now - it comes down to "what's cool for you".

My next purchase will likely be a 9mm 1911.

Pags

N/A
pilot
+1 on M17 Full Size. Great trigger for a striker fired gun. You will see this everywhere in US .mil - I think its the last centerfire metallic cartridge pistol the US will have in service until caseless ammo. Will surely rival 1911 for service life.

But there really are no bad choices right now - it comes down to "what's cool for you".

My next purchase will likely be a 9mm 1911.
Aka Hi Power?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Aka Hi Power?
The newer gen of pure 1911's in 9mm are sweet. Soft shooting, excellent trigger, and reliable - especially with the ramped barrels. I think the Springfield Armory variety is probably on my shopping list.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
The newer gen of pure 1911's in 9mm are sweet. Soft shooting, excellent trigger, and reliable - especially with the ramped barrels. I think the Springfield Armory variety is probably on my shopping list.

Love my SA EMP9. Bought it pretty much on a whim a few years ago, but I can't say enough good things about that purchase.

Have throttled WAAYYYYY back on shooting though, as I can't find ammo at reasonable prices anywhere. Luckily I have tucked away for now.

Couple of other plugs for the P320, it's fully ambidextrous (convertible at home) and it's about 3 minutes of work to replace the trigger with a flat one.

OK, I'll bite. Why flat trigger? Do you shoot with gloves on?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Love my SA EMP9. Bought it pretty much on a whim a few years ago, but I can't say enough good things about that purchase.

Have throttled WAAYYYYY back on shooting though, as I can't find ammo at reasonable prices anywhere. Luckily I have tucked away for now.

OK, I'll bite. Why flat trigger? Do you shoot with gloves on?
Personal preference. I feel like a flat trigger gives you a little more consistent pull while the tip gives you slightly more leverage and decreases the trigger weight.

The popular trigger for the 320 is the Legion, but there are tons of aftermarket ones available. Some guys may also throw on a new trigger bar, a popular one is made by Apex, which may slightly increase the pull but significantly reduces the travel and reset.